I’m the sort of person who doesn’t like to travel alone. Although I always hear from people who travel alone that it is super fun because you get to know a lot more new people, it is not for me. For me, nothing is more fun than traveling together. Therefore we made an overview of the best travel together quotes. But traveling together doesn’t always mean you should travel with your partner. Traveling with friends or with your best friend can also be lots of fun. That’s why besides travel together quotes we also include couple travel quotes, couple adventure quotes, travel partner quotes, and travel buddy quotes.
Read also: The 86 most inspirational travel proverbs.
Couple travel quotes
We start off with a collection of the best couple travel together quotes. You must admit, what is more, beautiful than to travel with your loved one.
1. “It doesn’t matter where you are going, it’s who you have beside you.” – Anonymous
I partly agree with this quote. Whom you travel with is super important. You could be in an epic destination and your company could ruin the complete experience. The opposite is true as well, an evening in a subpar guesthouse could turn in one of the most memorable experiences if you make some new friends.
Because of this, the destination has become somewhat more important for us.
Unfortunately, it seems that the more you travel, the harder it gets to get that wow-feeling. That’s why we now focus more on unique experiences instead of merely visiting places.
For example, I have been dreaming of a dog sledding trip in Lapland for years and spotting gorilla’s in Africa is also on my list.
Hopefully, we can scratch those items from our bucket list in the near future.
We will see what the future will bring.
2. “Life has taught us that love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking together in the same direction.” – Antoine Desaint-Exupery
In a long-term relationship, I think it is extremely important to have the same opinion about the important issues and to have the noses in the same direction on these issues. That makes having a long-term relationship much easier.
And it helps if your ideas about traveling are the same.
When we just met I had planned a trip around some African countries with a tent.
I still remember how relieved Kris was that, when I came back after spending 3 weeks in a tent, I admitted that I would appreciate somewhat more comfort on our next trips. 😊
3. “Our goal is to run out of pages in our passports.”
I think this is a nice goal, but to be honest, we will have a lot of work to get our passport full.
Now that it is valid for 10 years, who know, we may succeed.
Have you already got your passport filled?
4. “In Life, It’s Not Where You Go, It’s Who You Travel With.” – Charles Schulz
And despite the fact that these are beautiful destinations, it is always more special to share this together with Kris.
After all, we have always made the most special memories together and without his presence, those trips would be less special.
The following quote fits in nicely with this.
5. “I want to travel the world with you.”
I think, as someone who is addicted to traveling, that this is really a romantic quote. This is one of the most romantic things someone can say to me.
6. “Let’s travel together and get lost in beautiful places.”
We like nothing more than to wander through small streets and supposedly get lost. This is how we usually discover the nicest spots.
7. “Never go on trips with anyone you do not love.” – Ernest Hemingway
Some people say that taking a vacation is the best way to get to know each other. And just as I agree with this quote, I think they are right.
When you’re going on a journey together, and certainly when you go to a somewhat adventurous destination, you can sometimes face surprises.
Discover things about each other that you didn’t know yet and didn’t expect. Some positives and some negatives.
With your loved ones you will manage to see through some of the annoyances but we’re sometimes reluctant to go on a trip with our friends because we’re afraid it would cause trouble in our friendship.
Then again, your trips with your friends can also bring you closer together.
Vacations cost money and you should be sure that you get to enjoy them.
That’s why I agree with this travel quote and I only take my loved ones and best friends with whom I’m sure I will have a good time.
8. “I just want to hold your hand and wander the streets with you.”
Sometimes, even when we’re on a holiday, we tend to impose a schedule on ourselves. It’s almost as if we are at work. An hour to visit the first site, 20 minutes to rush to the next, a quick picture, and on to the next sight.
Yet it feels so good letting go of time and plans!
We both really enjoy to just head to a neighborhood and wander around, holding hands, like a romantic couple just watching daily life.
9. “I would like to travel the world with you twice. Once, to see the world. Twice to see the way you see the world.”
10. “I want to travel the world with you, go to every country, every city, take pictures and be happy.”
I think this is certainly a romantic idea for a bucket list. Although we have traveled already a lot an visited many amazing places such as Lisbon, Rajasthan, and Kerala in India, Borneo, Korea, Japan and much more.
Unfortunately, there are far too many countries and places in the world and it is absolutely impossible to do them all in one lifetime.
So as it usually goes in life, we should make choices. I certainly want to discover the Azores, Hawaii, Iceland, Namibia, The Philippines and so on.
Which countries are still on your bucket list?
11. “Let’s find some beautiful place to get lost together.”
And there are so many beautiful places to discover. I do not know how it is for you but for every destination that we can scratch off our bucket list, we add at least 2 new destinations.
As much as I love the idea of spending some months in one location it would be really hard to choose. We have seen so many beautiful places already…
12. “Will you give me yourself? Will you come to travel with me? Shall we stick by each other as long as we live?” – Walt Whitman
This quote could definitely be used for me as a marriage proposal. I would certainly say yes if the right person asks me to marry him with these words.
Marriage is a lifelong journey in itself, with ups and downs. The journeys we did together only brought us closer together.
We have been married now for several years. Kris didn’t ask me with these exact romantic words but I said yes anyway. 😍
13. “Here’s to all the places we went. And here’s to all the places we’ll go. And here’s to me, whispering again and again and again and again: I love you” – John Green.
This is the perfect quote to toast on with your loved one.
14. “Love is being with you anywhere.”
Certainly true for me. I love nothing more than discovering new places with Kris.
15. “Go the distance, couples who travel together are more likely to stay together and feel more connected.” – Anonymous
This quote absolutely refers to us. By discovering new destinations and doing things together, our relationship remains fascinating. What about you?
16. “I would gladly live out of a suitcase if it meant I could see the world with you.”
I do not fully agree with this quote. No matter how much I love to travel, always living from my suitcase is nothing for me. I am always happy to go back home after a trip.
17. “I want to laugh often, feel love, have a lot of insanely dirty sex and travel the world with you.”
18. “Some souls just understand each other upon meeting” – N.R Hart
With some people, it clicks from the first moment you meet them. I remember the first time I met Kris.
We met through common friends and it immediately clicked. We also immediately had a common topic.
The whole evening we only spoke about traveling. Meanwhile, we are more than 10 years further and travel is still something we can not stop talking about.
19. “A journey is like marriage. The certain way to be wrong is to think you control it.” – John Steinbeck
This is true in a way. We do prepare our trips quite extensively and always have a very good idea about what we’re going to do, but we still need to change our plans sometimes.
Unexpected things interfere with our plans, sometimes for the good. Because of some of the hiccups we have encountered we met interesting people we would not otherwise have met and we discovered beautiful places that we would not have known existed.
20. “Take that person and travel around the world. Buy a plane ticket for the two of you to travel all around the world and go to places that are hard to get to and hard to get out of. And when you come back… and if you’re still in love with that person… get married at the airport.”– Bill Murray
I think this is very good advice. Only when you leave your comfort zone you can really experience who your partner is, how you both react to certain situations and whether you are suitable for each other.
21. “That is why best trips like best love affairs, never really end.” – Pico Iyer
Your best trips don’t end with the flight back home. Several years later we still reminisce great stories about our journeys together over dinner.
When we’re out with friends we have good laughs about the funny things we encountered during our trips and when we look at the pictures we imagine ourselves being back there.
The memories of your best travels will stay with you for a lifetime.
22. “Fifty years from now, when you’re looking back at your life, don’t you want to be able to say you had the guts to get in the car?” -Sam Witwicky
23. “Home is not where you are from, it is where you belong. Some of us travel the whole world to find it. Others, find it in a person.” – Beau Taplin
Couple adventure quotes
Here’s a list of the best couple adventure quotes we came across during our journeys. I’m a person who gets quickly bored.
I’m always looking for new things to do and new adventures to experience.
And nothing is more fun than undertaking these adventures with your partner.
24. “Date someone who is a home and an adventure all at once.”
In my opinion, it keeps the relationship fascinating.
25. “Maybe it won’t work out. But maybe seeing if it does will be the best adventure ever.”
I think this quote applies to everyone who starts a relationship. It is always a bit of a step into the unknown and, unfortunately, often it doesn’t work out.
They say you have to kiss a lot of frogs before you meet your prince. And this is absolutely true.
Sometimes, however, it becomes the greatest adventure of your life.
So if you are single and you get the chance to start a relationship, do not hesitate and go for it.
That first date may be the start of the most beautiful adventure of your life.
26. “As soon as I saw you I knew a grand adventure was about to happen.”-A.A. Milne
I can still vividly remember how on the evening we met, and again on our first date, we both talked passionately about all the destinations we had seen.
It was so much fun to exchange those stories.
We did of course talk about other things as well but those travel stories made us dream about all the adventures that we could still do together.
27.“Let’s go on an adventure. I’ll make some sandwiches and a flask of tea, we’ll get out walking boots on and get lost somewhere.”
We find nothing more fun than putting on our walking shoes during the weekend and go out to explore.
28. “I’ve fallen in love with adventures, so I begin to wonder if that’s why I’ve fallen for you.” – E.Grin
29. “Actually, the best gift you could have given her was a lifetime of adventures.” – Lewis Carroll
This quote definitely refers to me. You can not give me a better present than enough variety and adventure in life.
30. “Why should a relationship mean settling down? Wait for someone who won’t let life escape you, who’ll challenge you and drive you towards your dreams. Someone spontaneous who you can get lost in the world with. A relationship, with the right person, is a release, not a restriction.” – Beau Taplin
I certainly found someone like that with Kris. And you, have you already found someone who challenges you and drives you to your dreams?
31. “What we find in a soulmate is not something wild to tame, but something wild to run with.” –Robert Brauld
32. “You keep me safe, I’ll keep you wild.”
33. “Oh darling, let’s be adventurers.”
This is a quote that absolutely suits me.
As a child, I always wanted to become an explorer.
And although we now like to travel in a comfortable way, there is nothing more fun than to undertake new adventures.
34. “We must take adventures in order to know where we truly belong.”
Everywhere we go we wonder how it would be to live there. Sometimes we just try to imagine it by watching daily life.
But in our opinion, the best way to find out is to engage in conversations with locals in pubs. This is so much fun and we even created some new friends doing this.
Sometimes our opinion about a particular city changes completely after we have spoken with the residents.
And despite the fact that we’re annoyed by many things in our home country (the sky-high taxes just to name one thing), it is often only when we travel that we value certain aspects of our home country more.
35. “If happiness is the goal, and it should be, then adventure should be a top priority.” – Richard Branson
I am, as I said already, someone who gets bored very quickly. So I need variety and new things to make me happy. What about you?
Travel partner quotes
I still have keen memories of some of the trips I took with my best friends back in college.
Traveling is so much fun and being able to share it with your best friends makes it even better.
Years later we still feel connected by those fun and crazy adventures that we have experienced together.
So here we share the best travel partner quotes, travel with friends quotes and get together quotes.
36. “Friends are as companions on a journey, who ought to aid each other to persevere in the road to a happier life.” — Pythagoras
It is so important to have good friends who support you when you have a hard time but also share and celebrate your successes when you’re on a roll.
37. “In the end, what you do isn’t going to be nearly as interesting or important as who you do it with.” — John Green
I agree completely with this quote. I do need some time for myself from time to time, but when it comes to going out, it’s so much more fun when you’re in good company. And that goes for many things. It’s always much more fun to share the good things in life with somebody else whom you care about, and who cares about you.
That’s why it is so important to find a great travel companion with which it really clicks and with which you share the same interest.
38.“Surround yourself with people who make you hungry for life, touch your heart, and nourish your soul.”
It is so necessary to surround yourself with people who believe in you and who see a better version of yourself than you see. Only in this way can you grow.
39. “When traveling with someone, take large doses of patience and tolerance with your morning coffee.” – Helen Hayes
A very wise quote. Even though you may be best friends, and you may share the same interests in daily life, it is possible that you have a completely different idea about a vacation.
You may be someone who is up early, excited about the new adventures that are coming and who is out and about all day long.
Your travel partner may not get so excited about an active vacation and would rather relax by the pool.
This is an example with extreme opposites, a situation that is not likely to occur, but possibly over the course of your vacation, some small habits of your travel partner may start to annoy you.
Making some good arrangements in advance and showing the necessary understanding for each other will bring you a whole lot further.
40.“I have found out that there ain’t no surer way to find out whether you like people or hate them than to travel with them.” — Mark Twain
Unfortunately, I have heard this from others and even personally experienced it. I will not go into details here, but that holiday together was almost the end of our friendship. So there is certainly truth in this quote from Mark Twain
41. Everyone needs a friend who will call, and say, ‘Get dressed, we’re going on an adventure.” — Unknown
Sometimes spontaneous decisions result in the best experiences!
42.“Sometimes all you need is a great friend and thirst for adventure.”
When you have the feeling that life is boring and all days look alike, a good friend and some sense of adventure can definitely change that.
Let go of control and have your friend take you on an adventure.
43. “The most beautiful things in life are not things. They’re people and places, memories, and pictures. They’re feelings and moments, and smiles and laughter.” — Unknown
It’s sad to see that we are increasingly evolving towards a materialistic society. Brands want us to believe that we will be happier with a bigger house, a bigger car and a more expensive watch.
But the most beautiful things in life aren’t bought with money.
Enjoying a beautiful sunrise, spending a pleasant evening with good friends. These are things that do not cost money but are priceless.
44. “Don’t tell me how educated you are, tell me how much you traveled.” – Mohammed
I’m not saying you should quit school early to do a world tour but I did learn a lot from my trips around the world.
There are so many things that you can not learn from books.
You only completely understand them once you have experienced them yourself.
I do believe the world would be a better place if everybody traveled more and showed real interest in the places they were going. Connecting with the people and being open-minded for their culture, believes and habits.
The best travel buddy quotes
Last but not least, below we share the best travel buddy quotes.
45. “A good friend listens to your adventures. A best friend makes them with you.” — Unknown
46. “Life was meant to great adventure and close friends.”
Adventure and good friends are very important to me. I always feel good when I’m surrounded by my best friends. Adventures keep life exciting and when you can enjoy them with good friends they’re twice as fun.
47. “There is a whole world out there. Pack your backpack, your best friend and go.”
Although we have exchanged our backpack for a suitcase a long time ago, this is certainly a quote that still applies to us. There are still so many destinations on our bucket list and there is so much to discover.
So we regularly pack our suitcase and we are gone.
What’s your next destination?
48. “Life is about doing things that don’t suck with people who don’t suck.”
This is a straight to the point quote. Maybe it can be better expressed but it is entirely right.
49. “We are all travelers in the wilderness of the world & the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
Friendships are so important. Everyone should have at least one sincere friend to share successes and failures with.
50. “Be careful whom you make memories with. Those things can last a lifetime.” – Ugo Eze
Nothing is more beautiful than to reminisce about things that you have experienced together. Most often the person you have experienced with is just as important as what you did. The real profound memories create a bond for life.
Looking back at those great moments that you enjoyed together with your friends, acquaintances and family members will not only give you a good feeling, it will also reinforce the bond you have with each other.
51. “Good company in a journey makes the way seem shorter.” – Izaak Walton
I am fortunate that I can travel together with Kris and even though I hear from solo travelers how great it is to travel alone and how many cool and interesting people they meet. Yet I would not want it any other way.
After all, nothing is more fun than to experience unforgettable things such as spotting a tiger or seeing a beautiful sunset together with your partner.
It is always more fun to be able to share experiences with someone else. It makes the memory for me more beautiful.
But if you aren’t in good company I do think that good music and a good book will also help to kill time.
52. “I get a friend to travel with me… I need somebody to bring me back to who I am. It’s hard to be alone.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
53. “You and me, we are more than friends. We are like a small travel gang!”
I think this is such a nice travel buddy quote and I would love to be a member of such a travel gang with which I could regularly discover a new destination. I think it’s a lot of fun.
How about you?
54. “A journey is best measured in friends rather than miles.” – Tim Cahill
55. “Travel only with thy equals or thy betters; if there are none, travel alone.” –The Dhammapada
I do agree with this quote when it concerns my daily life. I believe that you become like the persons you spend the most time with. So I like to spend time with people that are positive and at least equal or better than me.
But I don’t yet see myself traveling alone. I met people who are really enthusiastic about it but it would be a big step for me. I have not tried it yet, so maybe I’ll change my mind once I’ve done it.
56. “Friends that travel together, stay together.”
Or they argue so much during their holiday that the friendship is partly over after it. 😆 But I firmly believe that if the journey is a success this will strengthen the friendship that already existed.
That is why it is so important to make good arrangements in advance, you don’t want to risk losing a friend over a vacation.
I really enjoyed writing this article. It brought back many good memories, both to the journeys I did with Kris and the ones I did with my friends.
I’m sure you will be able to cheer up your travel buddy or travel partner with one of these quotes if he or she is in a bad spot. Or you could use them to surprise them and show how much you appreciate their friendship. And don’t forget to keep your travel partner adventurous, because he or she will do the same for you.
I hope that you enjoyed reading these travel together quotes as much as I enjoyed writing them. If you have some nice travel quotes that you think are missing in this article you are free to share them in the comments and we will add them to the list.
Inspired? Pin it