The perfect pair of high-waisted hiking pants is essential for a comfortable and worry-free hike.
As they say, look good, feel good, do good. Hiking is no exception.
Looking for a pair that checks all your boxes? We’ve done the searching for you and share all the pros and cons below.
In a hurry? Our picks for the best high wasted hiking pants for women
- Best high waisted convertible hiking pants for women: Women’s’ hiking pants lightweight
- Best lightweight high waist hiking pants: Baleaf women’s lightweight hiking pants
- Best water-resistant women’s high waisted hiking pants: Lightweight hiking pants for women
- Cheapest high rise hiking pants: CRZ yoga women’s cotton sweatpants
- Best cold weather hiking pants with a high waist: BenBoy women’s outdoor waterproof fleece hiking pants
- Best high waisted hiking leggings: ODODOS women’s high waisted leggings
Here’s a comparison table of all the women’s high-waisted hiking pants that we cover in this post.
Read on for a short description of all the hiking pants.
Best high waisted hiking pants
|Women’s Hiking Pants Lightweight Quick Dry Convertible||
94% Polyester, 4% Spandex
Straight leg, zip-off legs
|BALEAF Women’s Lightweight Hiking Pants||
96% Nylon, 4% Spandex
Mid-rise, Straight leg, roll-up leg
|CRZ YOGA Women’s Lightweight Stretch Thick Pants||
92% Polyamide, 8% Spandex
Straight leg, cinch drawcord at the bottom for adjusting
|Willit Women’s Cargo Lounge Joggers Hiking Pants||
92% Polyamide, 8% Spandex
Jogger fit, cuffed hem
|Lightweight Hiking Pants for Women||
94% Polyester, 6% Spandex
Snug waist fit, cargo pant
|CRZ YOGA Women’s Cotton Sweatpants||
88% Cotton, 12% Polyester
Straight leg with open bottom and zipper closure
|BenBoy Women’s Outdoor Waterproof Windproof Fleece Slim Cargo Snow Ski Hiking Pants||
92% Polyester, 8% Spandex
|Ski Pants Women Waterproof Snow Winter Insulated Warm Outdoor Fleece Lined Hiking Pants||
Straight leg, tighter fit
|ODODOS Women’s High Waisted Yoga Leggings with Pocket||
87% Polyester, 13% Spandex
Tight, legging fit
Best high waisted convertible hiking pants for women
Women’s Hiking Pants Lightweight Quick-Dry Convertible
- Material: 94% Polyester, 4% Spandex
- Features: Adjustable waistband (elastic), Zipper closure, rays, quick-drying fabric
- Fit: Straight leg, zip-off legs
- Weight: 12.8 oz
- Quick dry stretch fabric
- Adjustable waistband
- Protective against harmful UV Rays
- Breathable for outdoor activity
- No fade, anti-wrinkle
- Pants are a bit more tapered than pictured
- Run slightly small
These high waist hiking trousers are great for both summer and fall.
They’re suitable for all outdoor activities such as cycling, fishing, running, traveling, and hiking.
The high-rise hiking pants are convertible with a zipper to turn them into longer shorts instead (they come to below the knee).
This is great for those hiking in warmer temperatures who want the option of cooling off. However, the pants are quite breathable on their own.
The material is thin, but it’s definitely strong. The water-resistant material is what many who purchase are looking for.
Best lightweight high waist hiking pants
BALEAF Women’s Lightweight Hiking Pants Convertible Roll Up UPF 50 Stretch Outdoor Capri Pants Water Resistant
- Material: 96% Nylon, 4% Spandex
- Features: Partial elastic waistband, Stretch fabric, 5 pockets, articulated knees, roll-up convertible, UPF50 +sun protection
- Fit: Mid-rise, Straight leg, roll-up leg
- Weight: 10.19 oz
- Super comfortable
- Partial elastic waistband
- Quick drying and moisture-wicking
- Sun protective fabric
- 5 pockets for convenience (Two side pockets, a single side zippered pocket & two back zippered pockets)
- The zipper pockets are perfect to hold your cell phone
- Roll-up pants
- Available in 5 colors
- Length is a bit long
- Tighter on the thighs for those with curvier bodies
- Knee seams can be uncomfortable if extensively hiking uphill
- Run slightly small
These are a great lightweight hiking pant option.
Many find them an accurate fit and still roomy enough to be comfortable when hiking, biking, rock climbing, traveling, and other fun adventures.
The material is moisture-wicking and easy to clean.
CRZ YOGA Women’s Lightweight Stretch Thick Pants Outdoor with Zipper Pockets
- Material: 92% Polyamide, 8% Spandex
- Features: Hook and button closure, soft knit waistband, two-way stretch fabric, cinch drawcord at the bottom
- Fit: Straight leg, cinch drawcord at the bottom for adjusting
- Weight: 11.01 oz
- Water-resistant and fast drying
- Pattern texture for a flattering look
- Ventilated mesh side panels keep you fresh and cool
- Cinch drawcord for adjustability
- Two-way stretch for increased comfort and less restriction in activity
- Zipper pockets and small inner coin pockets
- Available in 5 colors
- Sizing is inaccurate. It’s recommended to size down.
- No adjustment at the waist
The stretch in this high-waisted hiking pants is its best feature.
Many say it’s both comfortable and practical.
The lightweight material makes these pants perfect for warmer climates and the quality makes them durable for rough environments. Mesh side panels provide ventilation to keep you cool.
The drawcord at the bottom allows them to be long pants, jogger-like, or capris. Choose your style!
Don’t worry, you can’t see underwear lines.
Willit Women’s Cargo Lounge Joggers Hiking Pants Lightweight Workout Outdoor Pants High Waisted Zipper Pockets
- Material: 92% Polyester, 8% Spandex
- Features: Drawstring closure, front zip pocket, 2 cargo pockets, 2 back pockets
- Fit: Jogger fit, cuffed hem
- Weight: 8.78 oz
- Adjustable, elastic waistband
- Moisture wicking and quick-drying fabric
- Soft fabric
- Tapered legs for a flattering, sporty look
- Rib-knit leg cuffs provide a snug, stay-put
- Zipper pockets are perfect for storing your phone, keys, etc
- Flatlock stitching reduces chafing
- Come in a variety of colors including pink and sage green
- The length is shorter than pictured. Allow for a 1-2 cm difference
- Sage green color is a more muted color than pictured
- The top band tends to roll down when bending down
These jogger-style high-rise hiking pants are great for both hiking and lounging. The pockets provide utility and style to hold all the essentials such as cell phones and keys.
For those on the taller side, be aware the length may be shorter than expected. It’s recommended to order larger and use the adjustable waistband.
The material feels silky and stretchy for a comfortable fit without feeling too weak.
Best water-resistant women’s high waisted hiking pants
Lightweight Hiking Pants for Women High Waisted Camo Cargo Water Resistant Outdoor Casual Pants with Zipper Pockets UPF 50
- Material: 94% Polyester, 6% Spandex
- Features: Elastic and drawstring closure, 6 zipper pockets, adjustable cords lock & elastic strings
- Fit: Snug waist fit, cargo pant
- Weight: 9.14 oz
- Quick dry fabric with moisture management
- Adjustable Elastic Waist
- UV protection
- 2-color zipper pulls for a trendy look
- Adjustable cord lock + elastic pull strings
- 6 zipper pockets perfect size for carrying phone, wallet, etc.
- Increased range of motion
- Very lightweight material, need to layer in cold climate
These water-resistant high-waisted hiking trousers are a very accurate fit and great for active readers.
The 2-color zipper pull allows for variety and a trendy look.
The black with orange zipper combination is a favorite.
The elastic waistband provides for flexibility and range of motion. Go hiking, cycling, boating, or any fitness activity, and be comfortable in these pants.
The moisture-wicking fabric is great for any activity where water is an element. The fabric keeps you cool, dry, and fresh all day.
Keep in mind the following options are water-resistant as well:
- BALEAF Women’s Lightweight Hiking Pants Convertible Roll Up UPF 50 Stretch Outdoor Capri Pants Water Resistant
- CRZ YOGA Women’s Lightweight Stretch Thick Pants Outdoor with Zipper Pockets
- Women’s Hiking Pants Lightweight Quick-Dry Convertible Stretch Outdoor UPF 50 Fishing Safari Cargo Capri Zipper Pockets
- Ski Pants Women Waterproof Snow Winter Insulated Warm Outdoor Fleece Lined Hiking Pants with Zipper Pockets
- BenBoy Women’s Outdoor Waterproof Windproof Fleece Slim Cargo Snow Ski Hiking Pants
Cheapest high rise hiking pants
CRZ YOGA Women’s Cotton Sweatpants Zipper Ankle High Waisted Joggers Drawstring Lounge Thick Pants with Pockets
- Material: 88% Cotton, 12% Polyester
- Features: Drawstring closure, two side hand pockets
- Fit: Straight leg with an open bottom and zipper closure, mid-rise elastic waistband
- Weight: 14.71 oz
- Stylish zipper closure at bottom for a bell bottom look
- Skin-friendly, breathable fabric
- Soft material both inside and out
- Adjustable waistband for customized fit
- Cotton material is not suitable for hiking due to poor temperature regulation, moisture absorption, and extended dry time
- Great for yoga and light outdoor exercise such as walking, but not for intensive hiking
- Fits tight, it’s recommended to size down, especially if you’re petite
- Shrinks in the dryer, air dry or dry on lowest setting
This pair of cute hiking pants is a comfortable option for lounging or light activities like yoga, pilates, or long walks on the beach… no, this isn’t a dating profile, but these can be great for a gym date.
Note that cotton is less suited for hiking since it absorbs too much moisture and it spoor at regulating your temperature.
The stylish fit is flattering around the waist and thighs.
Some say it’s a steal compared to the $100 Lululemon leggings. This is an affordable active wear brand with a reputation for quality.
The pants hold their shape well. The high waist fit is a bit tight and may take some getting used to.
These are great for holding in the lower belly.
Best cold weather hiking pants with a high waist
BenBoy Women’s Outdoor Waterproof Windproof Fleece Slim Cargo Snow Ski Hiking Pants
- Material: 92% Polyester, 8% Spandex
- Features: Zipper closure, multi zipper pockets, belt, patchwork knees
- Fit: Slim fit,
- Weight: 14.89 oz
- Fleece lined and warm enough for outdoor winter activities
- Patchwork knees for flexibility
- Cargo pocket on thigh for unique look
- Free returns and quick seller response
- Slightly more tapered leg than pictured
- Not much stretch in the fabric
This is a stylish, comfortable high-waisted hiking pant for those headed out for outdoor winter activities such as skiing, mountaineering, and hiking.
They are waterproof, windproof, and abrasion repellent.
Be confident that your pants will stay dry no matter the climate.
The high-waisted fit is slightly tight, but comfortable and not constricting. It comes with an accent belt to finish off the style.
It’s a slim fit, but loose enough to fit a pair of fleece leggings and thick socks underneath.
Ski Pants Women Waterproof Snow Winter Insulated Warm Outdoor Fleece Lined Hiking Pants with Zipper Pockets
- Material: 100% Polyester
- Features: Partial elastic waistband, snow insulated, 4 zipper pockets
- Fit: Straight leg, tighter fit
- Weight: 14.6 oz
- Polyester fiber is wrinkle resistant and antistatic
- Uses microporous technology to be lightweight and durable
- Multi purpose: can be worn casually or for outdoor activity
- Quiet pants, don’t have the “trash bag sound ” other hiking pants do
- Lightweight, a thicker pant for temperatures below the freezing point is recommended
- Fit tight, its recommended to size up if you plan on layering
- May need to be cuffed or tailored at the bottom for those who are shorter
- Limited color options
These snow-insulated high-waisted hiking pants are stylish and functional to pack for the next winter vacation. The multi-zipper pockets are secure enough to keep all belongings safe.
They can feel heavy, but they are water-resistant for warmth.
Some note they’re more tapered than pictured so will need to be tucked into winter boots rather than lay on top.
The quiet material is convenient for those hiking.
Best high waisted hiking leggings
ODODOS Women’s High Waisted Yoga Leggings with Pocket, Workout Sports Running Athletic Pants with Pocket
- Material: 87% Polyester, 13% Spandex
- Features: Elastic closure, 2 easy-access pockets, flatlock seam
- Fit: Tight, legging fit
- Weight: 8.47 oz
- 4 way stretch and non-see-through fabric for peace of mind
- Contours to the body well and keeps the lower body tucked in
- Gusseted crotch for range of motion
- Lots of color and pattern variety
- 100% money back guarantee
- Bunching on the ankles for shorter customers
These women’s high-waisted leggings are a great fit for both indoor and outdoor activities such as walking and hiking.
The flatlock seam provides for a flattering high waist.
Some mention the waist is very stretchy and tends to bulk up when sitting down.
The sizing is very accurate and there is no slip on the high waist, even after hours of activity.
How to choose the best high rise hiking pants
Price and comfort are often the first things we check when looking for a new pair of high waisted hiking pants.
But is that enough?
Is the material, fit, weight and features also important?
Below you can find a list of key points to consider when purchasing your next best high waist hiking trousers
Fabrics matter when considering the perfect high waisted hiking trouser.
Nylon, polyester, cotton, and spandex are recommended for different environments.
Nylon is softer on the skin and dries quickly.
Polyester is more durable and doesn’t pill, so it’s recommended for more intense activities.
Cotton is recommended for lighter activity as it’s slow to dry and prone to chaffing when wet.
Spandex is stretchy and good for an extended range of motion.
Features (Pockets, Internal draw cords, etc)
2 pockets, 4 pockets, multi zipper pockets, choose your fighter.
Consider what items you’re planning to take on your hike before your purchase.
Some pockets may not be the perfect size to hold a phone. Drawcords and adjustable waistbands can provide flexibility which may be an important factor when deciding which pair of hiking pants to buy.
Fit is also important for personal consideration before purchase.
The relaxed fit and slim fit are different in the range of motion they provide.
Articulated knees and gussets can provide extra protection but can be uncomfortable for some.
Integrated belts can add style and a tighter fit.
Weight is a factor when hiking in either extremely hot or cold climates.
The hotter it is outside, the lighter the pant should be to keep the body cool. Vice versa, the pant should be heavier in colder climates to keep the body warm.
However, when layering in the cold, be sure to consider how heavy the entirety of the outfit is to ensure comfortability.
Weather resistant material is important to consider for long term comfort.
Water-resistant and windproof material is essential to regulating body temperature in cold or wet climates.
Choose a pair that repels rain to be prepared for any adventure.
Choosing the best high-waisted hiking pant is no small feat.
Style, comfortability, and durability is the triple threat we worked hard to find.
We hope these options provide you the information you need to make the perfect decision based on your individual preferences.
Enjoy the fresh air with a beautiful view and a comfortable pair of pants!